I am an Assistant Professor with the Department of Computer Sciences at the Florida Institute of Technology. My current research interests include content-based image retrieval, biologically-inspired computing, multimedia systems, cybersecurity, and information retrieval.
- Launched a new Master of Science in Information Assurance and Cybersecurity at Florida Tech (online in fall 2012, on campus in spring 2013)
- Teaching a new class, Secure Software Development, in spring 2013
- “All your base are belong to US”, co-authored with Richard Ford, was presented at the New Security Paradigms Workshop (NSPW) 2012 in Bertinoro, Italy in September 2012
- “Toward Metrics for Cyber Resilience”, co-authored with Richard Ford, Marco Carvalho, and Matt Bishop, was presented at EICAR 2012 in Lisbon Portugal on May 8, 2012
- Recently completed creating and teaching Biometric Authentication Technologies and Secure Web Services
- Editorial board member – Journal of Multimedia Tools and Applications (Springer)
Department of Computer Sciences
College of Engineering
Florida Institute of Technology
150 West University Blvd.
Melbourne, Florida 32901-6975
lmayron A T fit D O T edu, 321-674-8703
My office is HC 310, on the third floor of the Harris Center for Science and Engineering (campus map).